Here's the finished project:
Currently it matches my yellow/orange walls. Terrible. Painting soon. Er, someday.
Here's where I started:
Ikea Lack table
22x22 foam square
7/8 fabric (I got a full yard to be safe)
Staple gun and staples
Squared off my fabric real quick by matching up the edges and cutting off the excess. Then stapled away. I ended up using about 20 staples, but I'm adding more so it doesn't end up pulling funny. And here's the final project:
Total this took about $25. The most expensive was the foam cushion, but I used a 50% coupon at Jo-Ann fabric. It feels good to get some headway in the entry. It's not much, but it feels like a foot in the door that previously hasn't been budging. A foot in one of the many doors haunting me in this entry way!
Best part of this whole project - Wade thought the staple gun was hilarious!